So for the last almost two months, I have been on the hunt for new clothes for my trip to Hawaii. I have not been able to find to many things because it is still winter, in my mind I picture me as a size four in Hawaii not a 10, and everything I have loved has been nothing less than $400. What has happened to me?
I was not a girl raised to shop at Nordstroms. In fact we thought Jcpenny's and Mervynns was great. Then it turned into to The Bon marche and The Gap. Now I have found myself only liking jeans that cost more than most people that I know make in a day. Which I have managed to justify by telling myself, well that is what I wear to work and if I were a business women I would have to wear a suit that costs that much money, mor more. I have said for years that I will never skimp on skin care products, jeans, and a good bra. Well now it is shoes because I am on my feet all day, then shirts because better material fits more flattering, then swimsuits well because of the same reason as the last. Now it is a stupid dress for a wedding that I will wear once.
So I am setting a goal for myself. I will try to find a dress and shoes to go with it, unless I have a great pair already that will match the dress for $150. I know that some people might think that is a lot still but I haven't even found a dress that I love yet for under $150. I can feel my heart starting to pound now just thinking about that budget, but it is on. I will post the price as soon as I conquer this goal. The more I save on clothes the more I get to spend on Ellie while we are in Maui. WISH ME LUCK!!
Life is like a box of chocolates......
No comments:
Post a Comment