So today is the day of love. I have been able to do a few things that I love today. I have the day off , I went on a long run, picked up little treats for my two loves, and went and volunteerd in Ellie's kindergaten class. In her class I was realizing how much better any holiday is if you have a child around. For the first couple years of Ellie's life I would feel bad because people would say isn't it so much better to see the world through your child's eyes? I would get upset because I never really felt it until she was around 2 or maybe even three when she could express her complete excitement for something. I think every year her excitement about things has gotten bigger and better. When I was in Ellie's class today helping with the party I was just listening and watching expressions on these kids faces. These little cards with a small piece of candy would just light them up. Like they had just won the lottery. That is when I fell even more in love with well, kids and Valentines Day. Since I have had Ellie, My Valentines Day is mostly about me showing her that I love her everyday but, on Valentines Day we really talk about it a lot. Even since Ethan has come into our V-day routine we still keep a family love day. I just over heard Ellie singing about how she loves Valentines day and she love her mom and her Ethan and her kitty. PERFECT!!!!
I have decided to write 14 things I love:
1. Ellie She is my sweet angel, but sure keeps me on my toes. LOVE
2. Ethan What an amazing guy. He is smart, handsome, kind, loving, fun, and he just plain old makes me melt! LOVE
3. My parents They are both such great parents and perfect grandparents. I am thankful that I have them everyday. LOVE
4. My siblings Some people might not like there's, but I would not choose anybody else as mine. I am so proud that they are my siblings. LOVE
5. Aunts/uncles Mine are way more like extra sets of parents (to me) grandparents (to Ellie) They have done a great job bringing us up as a united family. LOVE
6. Cousins I think my cousins are more important to me than any of them know. Having cousins is like having your own little military. Extra people to be by your side.......and mine are. LOVE
7.Compassion This is the word I love the most, and I think it is because if we all had a little more this world would be a little nicer to live in......To recognize the suffering of others, then take action to help. LOVE
8. A good hard butt kicking workout. You know the kind that makes it "hurt in a good way" the next two days. LOVE
9. Friends They are so important to have and I love it when I get to be around mine but, it seems like when you are a mom that happens less and less. LOVE
10. My job I get to do something that I love and be around (mostly) wonderful people all day. I am so blessed with my job. LOVE
11. Peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.........oh yum. LOVE
12. Summer I cant even explain why I love summer because there are to many reason. Fourth of July, my birthday, heat, water, vacations, more time with friends and family. I am on count down to summer now! LOVE
13. Dyson HA well my house was never so clean until I made the big investment and got a Dyson vacuum cleaner. Vacuuming is like instant satisfaction. For sure my favorite chore with my new vacuum. LOVE
14. Bad TV well I love when I can just sink my mind into a show that is so crazy, and stupid just so I can feel better about my self at the end of the day.. LOL
Well there it is! Now I will go spend my evening with my two valentines eating a candle light dinner of Papa Murphy's pizza. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
Life is like a box of chocolates......
No comments:
Post a Comment